Take this quick True/False quiz:
- T/F: Gen Z is roughly between the ages of 6 and 24.
- T/F: Gen Z is the first generation to be all digital. Google is their “BFF.”
- T/F: Gen Z sees truth as subjective, fluid, and dependent on circumstance.
- T/F: Gen Z admits to feeling panicked if separated from their smartphones.
- T/F: Gen Z really care about their online popularity and influence.
- T/F: Gen Z is super lonely, despite their online connection 24/7. Many feel so depressed that they consider suicide.
Guess what? Every answer is true, though I wish some weren’t. It breaks my heart that some of these youth are hurting so much that they want to end their lives.
These 3 facts should motivate us to take action:
> Society has influenced Gen Z to view the Church as judgmental, hypocritical, and exclusive.
> Many Gen Z view Jesus as an “option,” rather than their Savior.
> 50 percent of Gen Z youth raised in Christian households will give up Christianity when they leave home because they don’t personally know Jesus or the historical facts about Christianity that would strengthen their faith.
Friend, how can God use YOU to reach even just one young person in this demographic? Get to know Gen Z issues, so that your heart is open and useable by God.
P.S. Get my Gen Z facts here!